Thursday, August 18, 2011

The best hidden wine bar...EVER

Basement, cellar, crypt, vault, dungeon...whatever you want to call it, I'm there!  You see, these subterrane places intrigue me even more than driving through a ghetto.  Now combine this with vino, a labyrinth of stone stairs, in a spot generally unbeknownst to tourists, and I'm in a state of ecstasy.


Honestly, I can't believe I'm even going to share this place, but I trust that you'll wish to keep it a secret.  It's not that it's unknown, it's just that it's in the heart of the city and yet mainly frequented by locals and those who are so happy to have stumbled upon it that they dare not tell for fear of it being overrun by stag parties and, well, hipsters and douchebags.


You may think you're in the wrong place when you walk in the front door and are ogled (if you're an attractive female) by the chain-smoking beer-guzzling Czech men siding up to the bar, but you're not, just keep on walking...