Thursday, March 4, 2010

In the mood for fabulous wine and fondue?

I always crave a good glass of wine, and every so often I crave fondue.  I'm not talking about chocolate fondue either (although that is quite delicious here too), but rather the rich, sharp, cheesy fondue served with crusty hot bread ...mmmm that is pure perfection to me!  And I know just the place to take you for some.  Come with me to Monarch Vinný Sklep (vinný sklep means wine cellar in case you're wondering).  Monarch is wonderful on so many levels.  Not only do they have the most extensive wine selection in Prague (their stone cellar houses over 1000 vintages), but they also offer an exclusive range of international cheeses and domestic and foreign cured meats (um, you'll soon realize that I am a huge fan of cured meats.  Why can't they be healthy for you?!?!). 

Monarch has seating upstairs on their main level (big windows = great for watching the world go by), but there's also a wine cellar that you have to see for its authentic vaulted stone ceiling.  Perhaps hold your next birthday party or social gathering here. 

Are you ready to share some fondue with me?  Dig in!

Address:  Na Perštýně 15, Praha 1

1 comment:

  1. I think this where my mother, husband and I ate. We were walking back to our hotel after a long day of sightseeing and saw people drinking wine and having fondue. It was wonderful. On one side was a wall full of wine bottles and there were large picture windows looking out onto the street. We were the only Americans there. We plan on going back again this winter

    ReplyDelete